sábado, 9 de janeiro de 2010

As almas também se entendem

Every single human being, even the most euphorical one, has got some beliefs that are unquestionable. Those things that have grown inside them as their bodies and souls grew and might change, but may not change. Those things which are natural and clear.
I've got a bunch of them. About faith, family, drugs, law, morals, and so on. Today, however, all of that seems too heavy to me, whereas marriage sounds as light as a sheet. Talking about it, I mean - the real thing must be a little thicker.
Well, what's clear to me about marriage is that it is something God has prepared for almost everyone and that it is something good. I have reflected about passion and I'd go along with Lewis when he says it's the explosion for marriage, if it has developed into love. In this life full of ups and downs, a truthful and strong love that resists the storms is the only thing worth marrying for.
The Bible says, so beautifully, that "love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
Plus, it is clear to me, as clear as the clearest thing, that sex is something saved for marriage and that one must wait. I clearly will. One of the first verses I ever memorised said that there is a time for everything.
Last, but very far from least, I guess marriage should last. And last. And last, even when you don't like each other or in the middle of trouble, 'cause you love each other, and though your love may seem endable, the love God puts in your hearts is infinite. That is, to me, absolutely clear.
Love, the one which trusts, waits and cares, is probably the best and rarest thing to find. Keep your eyes open.