segunda-feira, 14 de fevereiro de 2011

meowmeow

To H., my brother in Christ

Dear,
From the first time I saw you, I knew there was something shiny about yourself. At first, I thought maybe it could be all your jokes and stories, but then I understood that behind your easygoing ways, was God's light. I was 15 when we first worked together, but I can still remember those days so clearly. You always told me what a blessing it was to know God and have the opportunity to serve him from our youth and you always encouraged me to carry on doing it.
Once, when we were heading to Camalaú, you asked me: how old are you? and I told you I was 16. I can't tell you how your face went funny with surprise. I loved your plans to come live in João Pessoa and go out preaching the gospel in Brazil. You even looked into Portuguese classes, didn't you? And tried to dye your eyes brown, so you would look like us.
Suddenly, I heard about the cancer, the getting better, the getting worse, the getting really worse and finally it.
Death is such a time for reflection, but yours, while makes me miss you a lot, gives me peace. I have seen you work as much as possible for God. I have truly seen a life that is worth living. And I look up to you on that.
I know you can't read this anymore, but I'm also pretty sure I've told you enough times how I loved you.
Thank you for being such an example, for the godly advice and for leaving your mark in my life.
When I remember you, I think of what Jesus said: 'Tonight, they will demand your soul. And what you have prepared, who is it for?'
I will miss you immensely but I will see you again.
Rejoice, dear.